Website Pioneer Power Group
Pioneer Power Group is a leading engineering firm in the Mid-Atlantic for Power System Studies. We are a talented engineering team with a focus on customer care and we provide solutions to customers within the electrical industry to build or renovate facilities across the nation. We are a trusted source for clients to turn to for their power system study projects. Due to our growth, we are seeking to hire a Power Systems Engineer in our Wexford, PA location.
GROWTH – It’s what it’s all about – both personally and professionally, as well as for the company. Your opinion matters and we value all team members. – It’s a rare environment where collaboration and individual work intertwine to form a great place to call home. We are a small group of intelligent, hardworking people who focus on results. We have both proven leaders who have experience in growing the business exponentially, as well as colleagues who are just starting out their career. The variety in experience levels allows us to see things from multiple perspectives and to learn from one another daily. Your proven results will allow you to have access to greater responsibility and higher-level work assignments over time. We truly value personal career development.
Work directly with the customer to prepare short circuit, coordination, and arc flash studies in a fast-paced, highly visible environment. Plan and execute multiple projects at the same time while answering questions on all active projects. Answer questions and provide guidance on solutions for all current and past projects. Work with Senior Engineer to understand how to continue to scale the organization for further growth.
Sample of the Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform short-circuit studies on the electrical distribution system in order to determine the available fault current at pertinent locations in low voltage and medium voltage distribution systems
- Evaluate the short-circuit ratings of protective devices and other distribution equipment
- Review the existing system over current protection and coordination and recommend improvement to optimize coordination and protection of distribution equipment
- Develop time-current coordination plots to derive coordinated settings for new and existing protective devices
- Perform an arc flash hazard analysis per NFPA 70E on the electrical distribution system
- Interpret specifications, customer drawings, and technical proposals to provide pricing for customers
- Communicate with clients on a daily basis for project and future work needs
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Self-starter / Independent learner
- Self-manage projects with tight deadlines
- Effective communication – engaging with the customer
- Proven ability to rapidly address customer questions
Required Education and/or Experience
- Self-starter and able to hit the ground running
- A BSEE from an ABET accredited university is the minimum educational level
- Good judgment, discipline, dependability, and responsibility
- Excellent verbal and writing skills to communicate effectively with clients, field engineers, peers, and management
- Desire to attain Professional Engineer license over time
- Some experience in studying/learning or performing power systems engineering (load flow, short circuit, coordination, and arc flash studies).
- Expertise using SKM Systems Analysis.
- Prior Experience with any of the following companies such as Eaton, SEL, Schneider Electric, GE, or ABB helpful
We offer benefits including health, dental, 401K, bonus, vacation, and flexible spending accounts.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org